YOUR FAVOURITE ABLETON LIVE SETTINGS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS… SWITCH!!
PPTC (Producing & Performance ToolChain) by pp-labs is designed to capture your creativity in Ableton Live and bring some of those funky moments of producing & performing music under effortless control. Like one of those moments when you run around in your studio and tweak a sound on some synth and suddenly everything feels in place or when you progress a melody part to another and you feel the song developing in the right way. PPTC lets you capture these moments for instant recall later, by turning your creativity into presets – allowing enhancement of your personal workflow, unburdened from its underlying complexities.
One of the creative aspects of Production are the happy accidents that have terrific sonic results. PPTC captures your workflow – allowing you to recall these moments, rather than trying to recreate them. The funky aspect here is by organizing creativity into presets – you don’t lose creative possibilities but instead these are increased because you can combine, choose or judge on a much higher level than without the abstraction layer of a preset.
Thus, PPTC simplifies ongoing production decision-making, allowing you to utilize and expand on your personal workflow and creative output, rather than continually trying to recreate, map, and manipulate it across your tracks and projects. PPTC enables you to simultaneously dive into the depths of your workflow, while allowing you to add deeper abstractness on the Meta-Preset level. Your ability to customize and control your workflow is central to your “individual” sound – you can think of PPTC as your personal Sonic Mind Map. It allows to progress from the details of sound design up to the level of composition and arrangement of a musical piece in small and easily manageable steps. It can be applied on a micro scale to create pattern-variations and on a bigger part- or song-scale for laying out an arrangement.
The Preset System enables thinking and working in a controlled way on all levels of a live set, from i.e. the detailed work on the layers of a bass sound to the progression of the arrangement, which can be combined and exchanged fluidly to simplify finding the right settings for complex sets of parameters in the bigger context of the whole live set.
This Preset System hides the details where you don’t need them but lets you go back into all detail at any later moment.
With PPTC your Creativity becomes a Preset, a way to Drag-and-Drop your own sonic personality into your workflow, modifying, modulating, and expanding it – rather than being subservient to its underlying, time-consuming aspects.
trackPresets is made to optimize your workflow when creating or improvising sounds and effects. It lets you look upon any combination of instruments or effects in a track as one entity. By reducing the whole lot of device parameters present in a track to one single preset, the sound of a track turns into an effectively performable parameter.
- Choose some instruments and/or effects in a track.
- Tweak parameters in any of the tracks devices to your liking.
- Save a preset.
- Recall your settings with the push of a button.
trackPresets enables you to develop your sounds and arrangements without breaking the musical flow.
- 1 click creation & recall of a Preset – every midi-learnable parameteron your selected track is saved (Instruments, AU & VST’s)
- Works on Midi & Audio Tracks – And Rack Chains!
- Presets are entirely User-Defined – Include or Exclude any parameter on the track from your Preset
- Presets turn an entire Track into a Single Parameter – with Dynamic Control of all its underlying devices.
- Saves parameters of instruments, audio effects and VST plugins (for configured parameters) in a track
- Presets can be triggered, saved and deleted via Ableton Push 1, Ableton Push 2, Launchpad/MINI “user2” mode or midinotes from any midicontroller
- Supports 16 presets for 98 songs, which are globally switchable
- PPTC Drastically Expands Ableton Live’s Preset Functionality
playingClips lets you save and recall the triggered Clips in your liveset at any moment in time.mIt simplifies the process of organizing your clips and arranging them into songs, but can also be used as a tool for creatively jamming out or creating clips.
songSwitch can switch between songs in a set. A song restores all presets created for that song and the supported controllers grid position. A playlist of songs in the set can be mapped to a launchpad.
Use metaPresets to combine and control the presets of other pptc devices. It’s one level up in abstraction, and therefore gives you unnumbered possibilities triggerable with just a single button press. This includes:
- Change sounds and clips straightaway.
- Build your own drumkit-like instrument.
- For designing sounds with many layers: recall presets of multiple layers in an instant. You can arrange the song, and the underlying layers remain configurable.
- Trigger pptc devices to reset all parameters to song defaults.
- If you like to be carried away during performance by changing sound parameters, you can revert all sounds to a defined state with a single button.
- supports 16 meta presets for up to 16 different pptc devices
lpRemote adds Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad/MINI “user2” mode and generic midicontroller support to all pp-labs devices, bringing triggering, saving and deleting of presets to your fingertips.
Custom modes layout presets in either a 4×4, or a columnar layout – whatever fits best to your workflow.
- presets can be triggered, saved and deleted via Ableton Push 1, Ableton Push 2, Launchpad/MINI “user2” mode or midinotes from any midicontroller
- supports 16 presets for 98 songs, which are globally switchable