As the follow up to Coffee & Beats Volume ONE BoBeats set out with an aim to create a pack where each sound can be tweaked to get the most out of the 64 patch slots.
Patches 1-32 are more unique in their macro layout and the sound types are varied whereas the patches 33-64 have more of a standard feel to them to give you a broad sound palette to work with.
Patches 33-64 can be shaped using macro knob 5 to switch between different oscillator settings which will give the patches different character. Macro knob 8 was used for distortion which in turn was tweaked to add character and variation to the sounds.
COFFEE & BEATS VOLUME TWO CONTENTS:
- 64 Circuit patches BONUS patches!
- 64 carefully selected drum samples from the Sonic Treats series. All are sampled from the Elektron Analog Rytm drum machine and processed.
- 1x FULL pack file for Components with sessions, samples & patches
- 1x 64 patches Components file
- 1x 64 drum samples Components file
- 1x 16 sessions Components file
- All patches as individual .syx files.
- BONUS over 100 drum samples as wave files from Sonic Treats VOL 1&2
All the Macro Knob settings follow a consistent mapping so you always know where you are with your selected patch.
- Cut off
- Often AMP envelope
- Modulation (LFO, Osc, etc)
- Modulation (LFO, Osc, etc)
CORE SOUNDS (1-32 IN THE PATCH FILE)
- Empty Hall, pad type sound.
- Can it Rain, pad type sound.
- Enlarge, pad type sound.
- Running, pad type sound.
- Flee You Fool, pad type sound.
- Growth, pad type sound.
- Broken Fool, pad type sound.
- Spring, pad type sound.
- Fall, pad type sound.
- PWM Fall, pad type sound.
- Sparkle, pad type sound.
- Crackle, pad type sound.
- BOB.1 Bass type sound (BOB = Bo Bass… Or a funny reference to the Bob Eats joke…)
- BOB 2. Bass type sound
- BOB 3. Bass type sound
- BOB 4. Bass type sound
- BOB 5. Bass type sound
- The Batt, lead type sound
- Singing Bell, bell type sound
- Pluck, plucky type sound
- Pluck 2, plucky type sound
- Pluck 3, plucky type sound
- My Name Is, lead type sound
- Catch the train, lead type sound
- Rough Pearls, bell type sound
- Soar, lead type sound
- Morph, lead type sound
- Screamer, lead type sound
- Steal Tears, lead type sound
- Organ… Organ type sound
- Synctastic, lead with a sync feeel
- Factory Birds… The Jungle birds got out from Coffee & Beats Volume 1 and ended up in a factory! FX/Modular type sound.
STANDARD SOUNDS (33-64 IN PATCH FILE) – NAMES REFER TO THE MAIN OSCILLATOR TYPES.
These sounds work as pad, lead or bass depending on how you tweak them.
How to Install
- Use either Components standalone or Components browser version.
- Unzip the Coffee & Beats Volume 2 file and look for the COMPONENTS folder.
- Inside that folder you will find the FULL PACK file which contains SESSIONS SAMPLES PATCHES. Remember that this will overwrite any existing sessions, samples and patches you have on the Circuit so be sure to back up.
- Go to Components and click OPEN PACK and locate the FULL PACK file.
- If you just want the patches OR the samples OR the sessions look up the components file named sessions, samples or patches.
- Use Components to load the data you want. You do this under CHANGE CONTENT for sessions/patches/samples respectively and choose UPLOAD function.
- If you are unsure how you can use this Bobeats Tutorial. Note that it is for an older version of Components but most things are correct still: CLICK HERE