As the follow up to Coffee & Beats Volume ONE BoBeats set out with an aim to create a pack where each sound can be tweaked to get the most out of the 64 patch slots.
Patches 1-32 are more unique in their macro layout and the sound types are varied whereas the patches 33-64 have more of a standard feel to them to give you a broad sound palette to work with.
Patches 33-64 can be shaped using macro knob 5 to switch between different oscillator settings which will give the patches different character. Macro knob 8 was used for distortion which in turn was tweaked to add character and variation to the sounds.
COFFEE & BEATS VOLUME TWO CONTENTS:
- 64 Circuit patches + BONUS patches!
- 64 carefully selected drum samples from the Sonic Treats series. All are sampled from the Elektron Analog Rytm drum machine and processed.
- 1x FULL pack file for Components with sessions, samples & patches
- 1x 64 patches Components file
- 1x 64 drum samples Components file
- 1x 16 sessions Components file
- All patches as individual .syx files.
- BONUS over 100 drum samples as wave files from Sonic Treats VOL 1&2
All the Macro Knob settings follow a consistent mapping so you always know where you are with your selected patch.
- Cut off
- Often AMP envelope
- Modulation (LFO, Osc, etc)
- Modulation (LFO, Osc, etc)
HOW TO INSTALL
- Use either Components standalone or Components browser version.
- Unzip the Coffee & Beats Volume 2 file and look for the COMPONENTS folder.
- Inside that folder you will find the FULL PACK file which contains SESSIONS+SAMPLES+PATCHES. Remember that this will overwrite any existing sessions, samples and patches you have on the Circuit so be sure to back up.
- Go to Components and click OPEN PACK and locate the FULL PACK file.
- If you just want the patches OR the samples OR the sessions look up the components file named sessions, samples or patches.
- Use Components to load the data you want. You do this under CHANGE CONTENT for sessions/patches/samples respectively and choose UPLOAD function.
- If you are unsure how you can use this Bobeats Tutorial. Note that it is for an older version of Components but most things are correct still: CLICK HERE
[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=”]
[av_toggle_container initial=’0′ mode=’accordion’ sort=”]
[av_toggle title=’Patch List’ tags=”]
CORE SOUNDS (1-32 IN THE PATCH FILE)
- Empty Hall, pad type sound.
- Can it Rain, pad type sound.
- Enlarge, pad type sound.
- Running, pad type sound.
- Flee You Fool, pad type sound.
- Growth, pad type sound.
- Broken Fool, pad type sound.
- Spring, pad type sound.
- Fall, pad type sound.
- PWM Fall, pad type sound.
- Sparkle, pad type sound.
- Crackle, pad type sound.
- BOB.1 Bass type sound (BOB = Bo Bass… Or a funny reference to the Bob Eats joke…)
- BOB 2. Bass type sound
- BOB 3. Bass type sound
- BOB 4. Bass type sound
- BOB 5. Bass type sound
- The Batt, lead type sound
- Singing Bell, bell type sound
- Pluck, plucky type sound
- Pluck 2, plucky type sound
- Pluck 3, plucky type sound
- My Name Is, lead type sound
- Catch the train, lead type sound
- Rough Pearls, bell type sound
- Soar, lead type sound
- Morph, lead type sound
- Screamer, lead type sound
- Steal Tears, lead type sound
- Organ… Organ type sound
- Synctastic, lead with a sync feeel
- Factory Birds… The Jungle birds got out from Coffee & Beats Volume 1 and ended up in a factory! FX/Modular type sound.
STANDARD SOUNDS (33-64 IN PATCH FILE) – NAMES REFER TO THE MAIN OSCILLATOR TYPES.
These sounds work as pad, lead or bass depending on how you tweak them.