Inspired by the unique rhythmic crossfader motions found in turntablism, TheFade is a MaxforLive MIDI effect which can modulate up to 8 parameters in Ableton Live. This modulation tool can be useful for performance, as a sound design tool or even as a trance-gate style effect.
THE FADE FEATURES:
- Bank selection: 16 pattern bank slots for storing different “Fade shapes”.
- Fade shape patterns: Fade shapes can be chosen from a library of pre-designed patterns or can be designed from scratch.
- Mapping section: Up to 8 parameters in Ableton Live can be modulated at one time, each with their own minimum and maximum values.
- Slot triggering: Each of the 16 pattern bank slots can be triggered/selected by incoming MIDI notes or by clicking.
- Duration: Each Fade shape has its own duration property which can range from 32 notes down to 1/64th notes.
- Trigger-type: Fade shapes can be launched as either one shots or as loops which are synchronised at Ableton’s master clock.
- Copy & paste patterns: Fade shape patterns can be copied and pasted between bank slots.
- Crossfader Section: The modulation signal can be interrupted by moving the MIDI mappable crossfader slider for manually controlling the on/off state of the signal.