SONG:MODE Push Edition is so simple and effective it should become the mainstay of your Live performance. As your Live set naturally grows the navigation around it and keeping track of your songs starts to become a challenge of a multitude of button presses to locate and trigger your next song. With SONG:MODE your next song is literally one button press away.
Select the Song Mode Push script in the Control Surface section of Lives preferences and assign the Push User Port to its input and output. Then to activate SONG:MODE on the Push 1 or 2, you simply press the User button.
On the top half of the pad matrix of your Push, you can select a SONG, and then the bottom half will display and launch the Scenes that belong to this SONG. The selected SONG will blink, the playing SONG and Scene will blink in Green.
To add a Scene to a specific SONG, you just need to add (SONG#) somewhere in the name of the Scene, where # is the song number. Eg. (SONG1), (SONG2),…
There are 3 ways to do that :
- – You can directly rename the Scene
- – You can select the Scene in Live, then hold the New button and press the target SONG’s pad
- – You can use the Max For Live device (see below)
• The pads take the Scene’s color; the first Scene will give its color to the SONG’s pad.
• The other Modes of your Push are still available, simply press the User Mode button to exit SONG:MODE
Other buttons :
• If your Ableton Live set contains more than 32 Songs, the upper Left/Right arrows will let you navigate through the list, and if one Song contains more than 32 Scenes, you can scroll through it by using the lower Left/Right arrows (‘Page’).
• If you hold the Select button you can select a Scene without launching it.
• If you hold the Delete button and press a Scene pad, the (SONG#) tag will be removed from its name, and thus, the Scene will be removed from the corresponding SONG.
• The Stop Clip button activates the “Stop All Clips” button.
• The Play button starts and stops Live’s playback.
Finally, you will find a MaxforLive device in your download that allows you rename Scenes quickly.
To rename a number of Scenes at the same time select the first scene with the mouse, hold down SHIFT on your keyboard and whilst held down select all of the other scenes in the song. Holding Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) will let you select non adjacent Scenes. You can then choose with the buttons on the device whether to Add, Rename or Remove the song numbers.