1992, Sitting in front of your computer, floppy disk in your hand, you launch the MS-DOS command line to start the file ‘StateOfArt-spaceballs.exe’, the noise of the disk begin to rumble and then nothing…the silence of a black screen.
You think your friend pass you some faulty disk, but finally …you see a scrolling text and hear a futuristic electro track with flashy light that blows your mind..you cannot stop listening, it’s an instant crush…
This little story was part of my memory and we shared here this feeling that classic video games soundtrack has always been in our hearts since our childhood.
For the record, this sound pack project was born in 2006 and it was my first attempt to create a samples collection between old school and new school.
Finally, after 16 years it was about time to find inspiration thanks to one of the most creative artists named: ‘Cuckoo’
He’s the one who brings back the chiptune music in such a sparkling way that it just makes you feel to create music on your old video games system every day.
So this is our testimony for these golden ages, the 80s & 90s computer, and all the video games that comes within.
CRAFTED WITH LOVE AND PASSION
For the retro pack, this collection has been built, sampled and processed on UAD tape from the following computer hardware and software :
– Commodore 64
– Amiga 500
– OPL Adlib Soundcard
The result is the typical bit crush sound with a lot of punch characters.
For the neo pack, we do not forget the new generation of synthesizers that will be perfect to blend the retro sound with the modern sound.
So we decide to create a chiptune analog drum & synth kit based on the following gear :
– Elektron Analog Four
– Dreadbox Typhon
– Sequential Circuit Pro3
– Novation Mono Station
– Teenage Engineering PO20 & 32 ( Thanks to Claas Falldorf for the sample recording )
At a Glance :
– Two packs taking benefit of the hot-swap features: Light and ready to load in less than 15 seconds.
– Analog and digital samples specially design for the circuit rhythm engine: The best of both world
– More than 256 samples compatible also with your favorite DAWS and samplers. Standard WAVs files format
For the retro sound pack :
• 64 Classic 8bit drums > A truly dark selection of dirty retro drum shots.
• 32 Bass & Leads > Classic tones,Commodore 64 303 bass,FM sound,Old-school oscillators,warm 8 bit leads.
• 32 Pads and lo-fi instruments > Crunchy guitars, Dusty pads, Bleeps, Strings, and voices texture.
For the neo soundpack :
• 64 modern drums: Analog kick, Noise snare, FM tonal toms, Bleeps and blops.
• 64 twisted quirky synth: Sub & Digi bass, Lazer FX, Screaming vowels, Fat chords.
• Special grid FX created to improve your build-up effect starring: Auto Filter, Reverse,8 Bit Crusher and many more particularly designed for this sound pack.
• 16 Demo sessions for each soundpack
• The complete recording computer/synth stem sessions: More than 1000 samples perfect to create your own custom pack.
• The original Commodore 64 drum soundbank crafted and designed in 2006 ( the beta version of this project )
• Selection of electronic vocal phrases, sound effects, Speak n Spell, drum loops
From high quality to lo-fi, Chiptune Rhythm will be the perfect tool for chiptune music, retro rhythm, and lo-fi beats production with a modern twist.