From the creator of IOTA & Ecosystem, Samsara is a Max for Live granular looping device geared towards live performance, soundscapes and textures. Samsara gives you access to individual grain parameters and the ability to record audio input.
- Up to 36 grains
- With start position and grain size
- Sync option for grain size in note divisions (based on tempo and global pitch)
- Phase spreading between grains
- Customized volume window
- Various playback directions (>, <, ><, <>, ?)
- Individual bandpass filters for grains
- Access to individual parameters per grain:
- Start Position
- Grain Size
- Bandpass Frequency Center
- Feedback (Short delay with feedback)
- Each individual Grain parameter has option for:
- Spray (randomize factor of value at the start of each window)
- LFO with basic waveforms and sync rate option
- Input Recording with options:
- Record in or out of a looped section of buffer
- Record start/stop global quantization option
- Record start/stop input signal gate option
- Record appending option
- Internal preset system for parameters
- Does not affect sample loaded or recording parameter
- Has a blending option, interpolating 2 adjacent presets together
USER MANUAL – CLICK HERE
daizok (verified owner) –
Painful to see Samsara without reviews, I think it is one of the nicest granular loopers around with a lot of features that make it occupy its own place. Being able to control various parameters per grain is great (love the panning) and the processing sounds fluent and natural across various settings and intensities. Hard to not get something from Samsara that sounds better than just interesting.
thibaultsp (verified owner) –
Samsara is just amazing : it’s more an instrument than a tool because it offers you many possibilities to use it, like an instrument. Intuitive, great to explore, this is a must.
Soren Lemmike –
Samsara is such a great device for turning loops and any audio material into interesting and exciting sounds. I have been having so much fun recording into Samsara and also running samples and loops I have recorded over the years through Samsara to bring them to new sonic heights. There is so much creative potential here. I have new ambient project in the works and Samsara is already my go to device for new and exciting textures.