TranPan is a free max4live designed and built by Aval.
It’s a random panner where the movement is triggered by transient, detectable thanks to a threshold slider.
The amount of pan is user settable with a custom range slider, also there is a pop up menu in which is possible to set the release between transient and how many values the random will generate.
This free utility device is very helpful whenever we have a mono sound that you’d like to pan randomly on each event (the same an operator does with the random pan, or a simpler etc.) so you can get the same effect on every audio signal, even if it’s an audio clip, a synthetizer etc.
It also works on stereo signal, re-balancing the two channel, giving back a stereo movement effect.
IMPORTANT: The scope only works with Ableton 11
- Blue Line: set the threshold for transient detection.
- Custom Range Slider: set minimum at maximum random values (left is minimum, right is maximum). Single click will fix a value, double click is disabled.
- All: set maximum range for random.
From the Menu:
- Release: amount of release between transient, avoid avoid close triggers and too much pan movement.
- Random Values: how many values the random will generate, when set on very low values it will stretch the range to all left / center / all right; when set to 1, it will center the signal.
There are no reviews yet.