After being listed in Ask.Audios Best MaxforLive Devices of 2018 it was an obvious step given the feedback to widen the net of compatibility to the most popular DAW’s out there. So here it is the first fully fledged VST that we’ve distributed!
Melody Sauce is an Audio Unit / VST / MIDI FX that uses advanced generative algorithms to help you create instrumental melodies as MIDI in your music production software.
A co-creation tool designed for anyone making music in electronic pop, dance and EDM styles, Melody Sauce provides a quick and unlimited source of melodies and melodic inspiration, created for you at the click of a button.
Create Ideas Quickly
With Melody Sauce you can quickly and easily create, audition and select melodies for use as leads, synth lines, arpeggios and other instrumental hooks, all on-the-fly whilst you playback your song project.
None of the phrases that Melody Sauce creates are pre-programmed as you hear them, they are all built from scratch each time you click to generate.
Melody Sauce is capable of creating many millions of different permutations of melody through its complex algorithms, which are the result of 18 months’ research and collaboration with top music producers.
Mood & Convolution
Instantly create melodies in Melody Sauce with different mood and complexity setting combinations.
By adjusting a set of simple parameters, you get to control the melodies Melody Sauce creates for you.
Experiment with adding instant harmonies to the melodies you’ve created in Melody Sauce, with different harmony voicing options.
NEW FEATURES FOR V1.5
- SYNCOPATION – button to control whether melodies have syncopated (“offbeat”) rhythms or not.
- POST-CREATION EDITING – controls like Speed, Transpose, Swing, Triplet and Syncopation can all now be applied to melodies after they’ve been created, so you can instantly modify your melodies inside the plugin. For example, you can create a melody with Syncopation ON, and then switch this OFF to make that melody’s rhythm instantly “straight”. Or you can instantly change the speed or octave of a created melody.
- ALGORITHMS – upgraded generative algorithms.
- LEGATO – instantly make melodies legato.
- QUICK TIPS – a new quick tips window to help you get started.
Create melodies “on-the-fly” whilst your song project is playing. Easily connect Melody Sauce to your favourite soft synths within your DAW. Drag and drop melodies straight into your DAW. Operates in your DAW in Audio Unit, MIDI FX and VST plug-in formats. Compatible with Ableton Live, Logic Pro, FL Studio, Reaper and more.
DAW supporting VST, Audio Units (AU) and MIDI FX:
- Ableton Live 9.5 & 10
- Logic Pro X
- Cubase 9 & 10
- FL Studio 20
- Studio One 4
- Reaper 5
Reason, Maschine, MPC & Garageband are not currently supported as they do not allow the routing of MIDI from one VST to another. To enable Melody Sauce to operate fully on these DAWs requires a 3rd party plugin such as Blue Cat’s Patchwork or ImageLine’s Minihost Modular. We hope to add full support for theses DAWs soon.
PLEASE NOTE: Internet connection is required for download delivery and product activation. Activation on maximum of 2 computers per license key.