When you want to know what you’re triggering without looking at the Laptop screen P2D-Session displays your current Live session state on the Push2 display.
P2D-Session is a Max for Live device that utilises the hi-res RGB display on Push 2 to provide you with an overview of where you are in the Live set.
An 8×8 matrix on the display will correspond to the clip launch buttons on the Push allowing you to see the name and playing status of each clip that you currently control. This matrix will update as you move around the set or perform additions/removals from your set.
This device supports P2D-Multi meaning that the screen display can be shared with other P2D devices, either automatically or manually via user selection.
P2D-Session comes in two flavours, the standard edition and P2D-Session . The P2D-Session functionality is enabled by installing a custom component that allows screen sharing with Live – CLICK HERE
- 8×8 clip matrix corresponding to the Push2 pads
- Keeps in sync as you move round your set
- Shows clip names/colours and track names/colours
- Shows current positions of playing clips
- Updates in real time for clip/track/scene additions/removals
- Option to display scene names
- Current selected track highlight
- Current playing scene highlight
- Grouped tracks indicator
- Scene sync – always have the currently playing scene in view if launched outside of Push2
- P2D-Multi integration for easy access to other P2D applications and on-screen options
- AutoApp select with P2D-Sequence
Installation is as simple as dropping P2D Session into your Ableton Live set, switching into Session View for the screen is achieved by pressing SHIFT & SELECT on the Push 2 controller.
With the P2D component installed, P2D-Session adds additional functionality to P2D-Session.
- No lag when switching from P2D-Session back to Live
- Choice of full-screen or 2 overlay modes showing the currently playing clips
- Auto-hide option which returns the display to Live when you operate screen related controls and then back to the session display
- Option to hide the complete P2D display or only those sections under the encoders being used
- Auto-hide modes: View 0%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 100%, Overlay