One of the beauties of Ableton Live is it’s configurability, add more tracks, redefine your channel strip effects, i didn’t think i’d ever finish the perfect set up. PrEditor 2 makes it possible at last by giving you complete customisation of how your MIDI controller maps in Live!
Some things are non-negotiable though! And even with months of thoughtful debate by the Ableton team they’re never going to keep everyone happy with their map of how parameters are ordered in Live…
Plus the default mappings are all linked to the paradigm of banks of 8, so what happens when you’ve got your hands on 24 or 32 parameters at once with one of our Control Surface scripts for the Novation LaunchControl, Novation LaunchControl XL, AKAI MIDI Mix, Korg NanoKontrol Studio or the Behringer BCR2000 & BCF2000. Or even with the included scripts for the AKAI APC40, APC40 MKII, Ableton Push 1 and Ableton Push 2!!
With PrEditor 2 you can create your own maps for all of Ableton Live’s Instruments and Effects plus it will allow you to build maps for how your controller AutoMaps with Ableton Live’s Blue Hand function for your VSTs and MaxforLive devices without having to learn a line of code!
All of Live’s native Instruments and Effects can be re-mapped, you can even map the same parameter in multiple banks if for example you always want the first encoder to handle the resonance of Autofilter.
PREDITOR 2 FEATURES
With a simple and intuitive graphical interface you can:
- Build up your parameters in banks
- Customise the name of your banks for display on the Push 1 & 2 screen
- Customise the naming of each parameter for display on the Push 1 & 2 screen, great for VSTs that aren’t developed with the Push display in mind or MaxforLive devices that would only display Bank 1, Bank 2 etc.
- Create up to 64 banks for each mapping
- Re-Arrange, re-order, copy and paste banks
- Have blank spaces
- Map a parameter multiple times across different banks
- Access all of the hidden parameters of Live’s devices that were previously only available to Push 1 & 2 (awesome when using one of our custom Control Surface Scripts!)
- Unlock the access to all of the parameters in a MaxforLive device!
- Create maps for MultiMap VST/AU devices like Native Instruments Reaktor & Kontakt and Diva
- Mix device parameters with send and macro controls in a single bank
PLEASE NOTE: PREDITOR 2 CURRENTLY DOES NOT SUPPORT BEST OF BANK’s. SUPPORT IS PROVIDED FOR LIVE 9.7.5 and ABOVE