From the very beginning, ULTRAKICK has been developed with the end user in mind and has been codeveloped and tested with a select group of electronic music producers.
- 100% synthesis: no samples involved.
- 8 partials per oscillator with unprecedented options for sound design.
- AUDIO FLOW tab: reveals all audio routing, makes synth easily understandable.
- Tuning: move all frequency-related envelopes up or down with a single click.
- Envelopes overlay: maintaining overview at all times.
- Spread settings for frequency envelopes: create organic sounds with no effort.
- Action menus for quick actions like envelope randomization and osc partial presets.
- Accurate waveform image rendering.
- Flawless sound retriggering: absolutely no clicks, even at high retriggering speeds.
- Numerical envelope point programming for high precision sound design.
- Undo/redo system.
- Built-in help/tips section and mouseover hints throughout the interface.
- Robust preset system with easily interchangeable preset files.
66 presets are included.
QUOTE FROM CREATE DIGITAL MUSIC’S PETER KIRN
You’ve seen kick drums that emulate the 808 and such, or synths with a couple knobs. UltraKick goes way past that, for complete sound control.
If you’re content to just drop four Roland sounds on the floor and leave them there, move along – nothing to see here. UltraKick represents months of obsessive work by creator Daan Pothoven for a different breed of producer – someone who wants to dive deep inside a sound and transform every detail.
That doesn’t mean it’s intimidating, though. Oh, sure, you might forget that it was a kick you were trying to make in the first place, because this is kind of an interesting experimental synth for all sorts of deep sounds. But everything’s graphical, it’s loaded up with some useful presets, and it’s intuitive enough to make minor or major tweaks inside that bang of the drum.