The Spellbook is a Max for Live device inspired by sacred geometry. It converts esoteric symbols into LFO signals, enabling you to weave the fabric of nature into your projects.
The device reads the position of a moving dot that travels along the lines of a carefully selected assemblage of geometric shapes. With the Spin function, these shapes can be set to rotate and thus introduce an interesting skewing effect of your global output signal.
This is then split into eight separate outputs, each with their individual set of settings such as: x/y axis, phase shift, uni- or bipolar analysis, speed multiplication and division, offset, range and more.
Most parameters within the device are automatable, enabling complex internal modulations. For further increased complexity, each of the eight outputs can be mapped to two parameters, effectively unlocking up to 16 outputs.
Main features and functions:
- Seven sacred shapes to control your project or outboard gear
- Advanced internal and external modulations
- Innovative LFO sourcing and manipulation
- Eight outputs which can be split into 16
- Individual speed multipliers for each output
- Synced or free running master clock
- Settings that go far into audio rate
- Lightweight performance
- Intuitive workflow